Hey everybody, my name is Cassie. Earlier this summer, my friend and I sat down and wrote out a summer bucket list. Shortly after we did this, I came up with the idea of a blog. So basically, when we complete each activity I'll put up a post including a short description, pictures, and even instructions (if it's a DIY project) in case any of you want to try them out for yourself. I was thinking that by having a weekly post, it would keep us motivated to get through the list. The bucketlist is posted in the right column if you want to check it out Thanks and have a blessed day! xoxo

Saturday, July 21, 2012

#12 Ombre Nails

          Hey everybody! Today I just really felt like doing my nails, so I decided to try one of the techniques I mentioned on the list. Today's activity is OMBRE NAILS! I tried my best to take pictures as I went to show you guys the way I did them. Sorry if they're a little blurry! Here we go:

Materials
Q-tips
Nail polish remover
A few different shades of polish
Sponge Paint brush

     1. First you must (obviously) remove any old polish still on your nails. Then pick out the colors you want. You can use as many colors that you can fit onto your nails, but I chose three and made each section a little bit bigger. The colors I used are pictured below. From left to right the brands and names are N.Y.C. (222B) SoHo, Sinful Colors (52) Cream Pink, and OPI (A16) The Thrill of Brazil.


    
  2. Now Paint all of your nails with the color you want on the bottom. I chose to go light to dark, so I used N.Y.C. SoHo as the base.

      3. Next, on one side of the paint brush paint the next color you want to show. I used Sinful Colors Cream Pink. Place the pink painted side of the brush over more than half of the nail. Be careful on this part, if you press too hard the color will spread completely over the WHOLE nail. Just lightly set the brush on the nail and hold for a second or two and then lift. Repeat this step with the next color but this time make sure you place the brush over less than half of the nail.


                                                                                                                         
(Wait for each layer to dry before you start on the next color)




       4. At this point you will have the different shades of polish all around your fingers. So once it dries, use the Q-tips and nail polish remover to clean up the excess polish.

                                                                                                               
                                                                










          There you go! I hope you found it useful, mine were a little jagged but for a first time I think they turned out pretty good. Leave a comment if you have any suggestions or questions. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment